Elements of AI
The goal of this course is to demystify AI
The elements of AI is a free online course for everyone interested in learning what AI is, what is possible (and not possible) with AI, and how it affects our lives – with no complicated math or programming required.
After taking the course, you will be able to:
- Understand some of the major implications of AI
- Think critically about AI news and claims
- Define and discuss what AI is
- Explain the methods that make AI possible
The course is divided into 6 parts that you can go through in order or jump straight to the sections that interest you most.
Chapter 1 -
What is AI?
- I. How should we define AI?
- II. Related fields
- III. Philosophy of AI
Chapter 2 -
AI problem solving
- I. Search and problem solving
- II. Solving problems with AI
- III. Search and games
Chapter 3 -
Real world AI
- I. Odds and probability
- II. The Bayes Rule
- III. Naive Bayes classification
Chapter 4 -
- I. The types of machine learning
- II. The nearest neighbor classifier
- III. Regression
Chapter 5 -
- I. Neural network basics
- II. How neural networks are built
- III. Advanced neural network techniques
Chapter 6 -
- I. About predicting the future
- II. The societal implications of AI
- III. Summary
You are able to take the course at ElementsofAI.com
After taking the course keep updated with Aritificial Intelligence companies in your industry by signing up to Welcome.AI and following categories and companies to receive their latest updates.
The course is self paced but recommended to be completed in 6 weeks and take approximately 5-10 hours to finish each part of the course. Some exercises require a lot of thinking, drawing on paper and going back to the theory part so they can take up to 45 minutes.
The course was designed by Reaktor and the University of Helsinki. The lead instructor of the course is Associate Professor Teemu Roos with industry insights from Hanna Hagström, Director of AI at Reaktor. The course is a part of the AI Education programme of the Finnish Center for AI, and offered in cooperation with The Open University, and Mooc.fi.
Discover, Learn and Evaluate AI Companies and Solutions
The latest updates from AI companies in your industry
Get a weekly newsletter with the latest posts directly from the AI companies. Follow companies to tailor your feed.