10 Important HR Trends to Leverage Artificial Intelligence
As AI transforms the workplace, forward-looking HR leaders will have to develop a multi-pronged strategy to leverage it across the employee life cycle, combining it with human intelligence.
- Jeronimo De Leon
- 05 Feb
Transforming the Workplace
The effects of AI are just starting to be felt in the workplace. Its implications for HR leaders can be observed through a number of trends, the most important of which are:
1. Humans working alongside AI – AI systems, like chatbots, are turning into team members, assisting human members and letting the latter on more complex, creative tasks.
2. Identifying roles that will be transformed by AI – Very few job roles will see complete automation in the future, while most will get re-defined and shared between AI and human employees. So a key role for HR will be to develop a strategy that achieves the right balance.
3. Transforming talent acquisition – Machine learning can help candidates personalize their job search. Companies can also do away with broad filters like education levels and focus on critical core skills to identify candidates who can move across business domains.
4. Machine learning helping employees navigate their careers – Despite slowdown in upward mobility through promotions, employee retention can be improved by personalized career mobility platforms that help employees choose what skills they want to develop.
5. Hackathons to identify new HR solutions – HR functions are working with software designers to try out innovative ways to solve age-old issues, like a platform to better match employers with the right job applicants.
6. Using AI to be a virtual coach – Chatbots can be used to provide individualized coaching in the workplace as well as reinforce learning after a traditional training program.
7. Enhancing employee communications – To mirror a seamless customer experience, AI can also be used to answer a range of queries put forth by employees. This turns chatbots into HR team members that allow employees to easily retrieve answers to questions at any time, whether they are mundane or extremely personal.
8. Changing of leadership roles as AI moves into management – AI systems can handle several tasks like organizing meetings and taking minutes. This can assist mid-level managers in becoming more agile in decision making and letting them look at alternative scenarios with multiple points of view.
9. Investing in the human experience – The most critical component in successful implementation of AI at the workplace is creating a more human experience, where employees get to know each other, and grow throughout their tenure with the company.
10. Identifying new roles created by AI – AI will create more jobs than it eliminates in the next few years. So HR leaders need to prepare for a world where AI makes some jobs more efficient as well as creates entirely new ones. The latter could include roles like an IT facilitator or an AI trainer.
QUANTIFIED SKIN™ - COGNIFYING SKIN CARE
Powered by Deep Learning. Our platform analyzes the contextual and behavioral signals of users from images and sensor data.
SNAPS - AUTOMATED CHATBOT
Snaps Helps Brands Deflect Tickets, Drive More Conversions & Delight Customers Through Proactive And Always-On Customer Service Automation.
DATMO - PLATFORM FOR SEAMLESS SCALING
Datmo tools help power up your existing model workflow. A new standard built by engineers, for engineers.
BIZTEXTER - CLOUD TEXTING
BUSINESS TEXTING A.I. SMS CHATBOTS
FACTMATA.COM - CREDIBLE MEDIA CHECKER
A crowdsourced community platform powered by advanced machine learning for tackling fake news and misleading content on the web. Sign up with Email to stay up to date on our plans.